The health and safety of our employees, and those working around us on the job, is a priority at CGC. We strive to be a “zero accident” workplace. We invest in training for our field teams to ensure that they can complete their work safely under a variety of conditions. We perform safety audits as well as daily toolbox talks and equipment reviews to anticipate and reduce risks and to prevent accidents before they occur.
Our staff participate in the following formal safety training programs:
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training and 8 hour annual refresher
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Amtrak Safety Training
- Delaware Valley Safety Council Basic Plus Construction Safety Training
- Site specific safety training for access to various private industry sites
- First aid, CPR and AED Training
Daily safe work practices include:
- Daily Rig checklists
- Daily Toolbox talks
- Job Specific Safety Task Analysis
We are proud of our safety record and low Experience Modification Rating (EMR) Factor, which allows us to routinely work with clients with rigorous safety standards.